WPLC News Archive

24-Jul-2018

The Magic of Tiny Business

In, The Magic of Tiny Business Michael Millward finds that a company doesn’t have to be huge to successfully fulfil its purpose.   I remember when I first established my business I seemed to be surrounded by people who told me what a fantastic idea I had, and how I was bound to be a...

19-Jul-2018

A focused approach to business events delivers business benefits

How can executives maximise the return on investment for the time spent at exhibitions. Michael Millward investigates Summer has definitely arrived, there is even talk of hose-pipe bans in some parts of the country. Of course, that also means that every morning I receive an email from some...

18-Jul-2018

getAbstract of the week The Lost Art of Closing

One of the abiding memories that I have of being head of HR for the sales and marketing division of a global hi-tech company is a discussion with the vice president of sales (VP) about a long-standing sales person. We were reviewing the sales persons’ figures and performance ahead of their...

08-Jul-2018

getAbstract summary The Toyota Kata Practice Guide

This weeks' free getAbstract summary is The Toyota Kata Practice Guide by Mike Rother There is much to admire about the Japanese approach to manufacturing. My grandfather always used to say that the Japanese were very good at working out how British manufacturers made things and then...

02-Jul-2018

getAbstract summary of The Tyranny of Metrics

This weeks’ sample getAbstract book summary features The Tyranny of Metrics by Jerry Z Muller. In, the Tyranny of Metrics, Muller provides a riposte to bean counters everywhere, and explains how to use statistics properly within the context that recognises the value of experience and...